Zone alarm slows down connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derekgnr

Baseband Member
My connection speed was fine before I installed zone alarm but when I checked my speed after is was like cut in half. Is this a common problem?

Derek

A firewall shouldn't slow down the connection. Maybe there's something else causing it.

Surfing without a firewall is like casual sex without a condom.

Neither is very smart, and you'll end up catching something both ways.

It shouldnt slow down your connection. I've been using ZA Pro for a few years now and I've never experienced it. You could be blocking an item, check your settings. And about "just know what you are doing" not everyone knows what they are doing, even if they do, there is always that chance to get caught up in something, firewalls are made for a reason, to stop unwanted access to your pc, etc.

id agree with warez... hackers can still enter ur pc firewall can help that so id defintily keep it.. but idk what would slow ur connection.. it wouldn't.. unless it slowing down ur pc.. which it shouldn't so maybe its soemthing else? or like something is getting blocked like he suggested

If you think Zone Alarm slowed down your internet connection, then un-install it and install another firewall. Like kerio or something else that is on the light side resource wise and see if it is any different. Though I agree with everyone else, that it is most likely not ZA causing your issue, it is still good to mess around a bit and see what results you get.

Random411

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom