Well this is new

danhodge

In Runtime
Okay, I suck at detecting virus's. I don't know a thing - so please take me through what to check first (we did an AVG scan and found nothing).

There is a grey overall over the bottom half of the screen, with the Chromium logo on it. Doesn't matter what I am on, that is just there. Since this is Windows (it is my sisters laptop), I am pretty unsure as to why it is a Chromium logo, and am thinking it must be a virus. Since, well - what the hell would be the point in this if not? Here is a picture of it:
2zqfpj5.jpg

Thanks a lot,
Danny

P.S. I haven't restarted it yet, since I am worried it could just not turn back on (that's what my last virus did).

She has Chrome and Chromium installed? See if you can kill Chromium from the task manager

Even killing all Chrome tabs / running applications doesn't make it disappear? Try restarting explorer.exe

Oh, I think I found the problem. A program called 'Pokki', which is some Windows 8 software which adds the start menu or something, was running. I closed it from task manager and now it is fine (I am restarting to see if its perminant).

Do you think it tried to add a Windows 8 tile to the Vista desktop or something?

Uninstall Pokki and get something like StartIsBack, Start8 or Classic View. All are much better and dont cause issues like this.

Back
Top Bottom