Virus names showing during scan

Jarrodp

Beta member
When I am running a scan on my computer using "Advanced SystemCare 6.1" when it is scanning for malware threats it shows you the names of the files it is scanning and whilst scanning I see LOADS files named "trogen.win32/vundo" And many other obvious viruses but are not getting picked up. I have scanned my system with Avast and Microsoft Security Essentials but they're not picking them up either, what should I do?

1st: Boot your computer into safe mode with networking (F8 at the BIOS screen).
2nd: Download RKill & Malwarebytes.
3rd: Run RKill
4th: Install Malwarebytes and run a full system scan.

That should pick up most, if not all of the malicious programs on the infected PC (note that after the full scan, I would run a couple more quick scans to see if remnants remain).

Maybe, What your seeing is what the program is actually scanning for not the specific file you or your program is looking at. For example Spybot search and Destroy.
When using that, it is scanning all files for one threat at a time, Showing you at the bottom of the program for example, [scanning for Trojan ~]
If you think you have a virus ~ boot in safe mode with networking, update then, scan with, [Windows Defender Offline], that is the name.

Last edited:
I see LOADS files named "trogen.win32/
i have seen this much of that myself in my computer. which i think also has trouble. basically i think that computers only have zero malware/spyware/viruses/trojans until they connect to the internet for the first time. after that, they are doomed.

1st: Boot your computer into safe mode with networking (F8 at the BIOS screen).
2nd: Download RKill & Malwarebytes.
3rd: Run RKill
4th: Install Malwarebytes and run a full system scan.

That should pick up most, if not all of the malicious programs on the infected PC (note that after the full scan, I would run a couple more quick scans to see if remnants remain).

Just to add on, Run TDSSKiller to be sure that you removed any potential rootkits.

Back
Top Bottom