Utility software vs Security Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcohen

Banned
I have Mc Afee Internet Security at home and would like to buy a utility software package to go with it but I am worried about the new software interfeering with the security software. I understand that one can not have two anti-virus software running at the same time. Besides the anti-virus issue what other things can I not pair with my Mc Affee software in order ensure that the two work well together?

I used to use McAfee but many reliable members here said it doesn't do as well as AVG Free, Avast, and some other programs. Some viruses occasionally still get through, as do with all anti-virus programs, but AVG has a great record with many people as far as catching a vast majority of them. I tend to believe these guys, because they are extremely knowledgeable and wouldn't mislead people purposely.

But if you plan to keep it, then maybe you could contact McAfee themselves by e-mail, or go to their website for information on what it can run properly with. I would tend to believe that applications by McAfee would work better with other McAfee applications, so I would start there, myself.

I have Mc Afee Internet Security at home and would like to buy a utility software package to go with it but I am worried about the new software interfeering with the security software. I understand that one can not have two anti-virus software running at the same time. Besides the anti-virus issue what other things can I not pair with my Mc Affee software in order ensure that the two work well together?

Its not so much that you "can't" has two protection programs, its just more likely to cause problems or slowdowns if you do.

However, one good Anti virus is all you need.

It rly depends what utility software your using, Im sure you can just disable the auto scan functions of it and just do manual scans from time to time if you like.

Besides that, you can get pretty much any software you need for free, so I hope your not paying for that utility pack..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom