• Trend Micro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bit Defender

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tech-Forums Top Rated Antivirus

What everyone has to understand is that Norton and Symantec Endpoint Protection are absolutely nothing alike. The only common attribute is they are both developed by Symantec.

They use completely different scan engines and virus definitions.

I know a few that swear by Norton corporate. That's what their entire (national) company runs.

Endpoint Protection (or Corporate) is not Norton at all. But you are correct about the latter. Several large corporations use it and love it because of it's fast scan engine, low profile and ability to setup central definition and network scan servers. But it's just that: corporate.

Most basic users don't like using it because it's so low key (almost no notifications unless specified otherwise) and isn't as "average computer user" friendly as many others. I personally like these attributes so I use it.

What everyone has to understand is that Norton and Symantec Endpoint Protection are absolutely nothing alike. The only common attribute is they are both developed by Symantec.

They use completely different scan engines and virus definitions.

Endpoint Protection (or Corporate) is not Norton at all. But you are correct about the latter. Several large corporations use it and love it because of it's fast scan engine, low profile and ability to setup central definition and network scan servers. But it's just that: corporate.

Most basic users don't like using it because it's so low key (almost no notifications unless specified otherwise) and isn't as "average computer user" friendly as many others. I personally like these attributes so I use it.

So why havent they wised up and learnt a few things for Norton from their obviously more capable product which is endpoint?

So why havent they wised up and learnt a few things for Norton from their obviously more capable product which is endpoint?

Because SEP isn't as userfriendly as Norton is, like Baez said. I've had to use it on a few computers here at work (its what the school wants us to put on the computers). Norton tends to be more user-friendly, but gotta make sacrifices in order to up that user-friendliness.

Yep all of that flashiness and focus on basic user needs takes its toll. I agree they could improve things without making some sacrifices but they still are limited.

There's also the fact that Norton has been their second focus for a long while now. Endpoint makes them a very pretty penny. When each enterprise has 10,000+ machines in one office and each license at bulk costs around $35, you can see how a large amount of their revenue comes from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom