Suspicious email activity log

Ghostsong

Tactical Espionage Poster
I was setting up my wife's email on her new phone and noticed multiple failed attempts to access her email from the Ukraine. I use strong passwords, but is there anything else that can be done? Should I just assume there's always someone trying to break into all my accounts?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I was setting up my wife's email on her new phone and noticed multiple failed attempts to access her email from the Ukraine. I use strong passwords, but is there anything else that can be done? Should I just assume there's always someone trying to break into all my accounts?

Yeah monitoring is about it. I get an attempt from china on my Gmails about once every 2 months. Script kiddies that think they are cool using brute force.

Just make sure its a strong password, changed every 3-5 months, and she isn't giving her email out to sites that are known to phish.

If it's a strong password and she didn't type it into a phishing site or has a key-logger I'm pretty sure it will be ok.

Do you have your own Mail server? If so just blacklist the IP. problem solved.

Thanks. I was curious about my own email so I checked it. Looks like a get attempts daily from all over the world. It's all web based email. Im going to just set up two step verification on them all.

Back
Top Bottom