Removing Linkury Smartbar

AlphaByte

Beta member
Does anyone know how to, or has anyone ever successfully removed the Linkury Smartbar from their computer? It is called the Yahoo Community Smartbar in Control Panel under Uninstall programs, but has Linkury Inc under the Publisher name.

I have read a couple of questions/threads online about this, and a lot of people are sick to the back teeth of linkury slowing their computers down.

Linkury themselves claim it isn't Malware lol!

Thanks!

Have you tried uninstalling it from Uninstall Programs?

That's usually the most direct route for uninstalling toolbars.

Failing that, run Malwarebytes Antimalware and delete anything it finds. Post the logfile here.
After that, run HiJackThis from here: HiJackThis | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net
and post the log here (DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING YET).

Perhaps I should have stated that in my question. Linkury won't uninstall using the control panel uninstall method, and Malware Bytes nor Super AntiSpyware pick it up. It acts like it's not malware but it is. It really slows down your computer.

You have to be careful with AdwCleaner though. That's why I haven't instructed the OP to use it yet, since we don't know if it's necessary yet ;).

Afterall, you don't kill flies with RPG's :p.

I guess you can use it even if it's not necessary, it removes adware after all, doesn't it? ;)

Yes but if you just use it willy nilly and don't know what you're doing with it, you can bork up your system, just like with HiJackThis or ComboFix.

Back
Top Bottom