Please, help with antivirus!

Goblin1986

Baseband Member
Hi folks! I used avast antivirus and while scanning my laptop one serious virus was found, the name of it troyan! How can i get rid of it? I will be very thankful if somebody can help me with this matter!!!

Moved to AV board.

Now... did Avast get rid of it, or not?

Run a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware and remove anything that it finds: https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/
Post the log results here.

Then run a scan with HiJackThis (as Admin), and post the log here (DO NOT remove anything unless told to do so! Misusing HJT can cause system damage):
HiJackThis | SourceForge.net
Post the log here.

Also go through your Programs & Features list and uninstall any toolbars, coupon programs, search assistants, fake security suites, etc.

Also check your proxy settings:
Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections tab -> LAN Settings... -> at the bottom, make sure "Use a proxy" is unchecked.

Wow ok I will do so, but it sounds difficult because I am not a very good friend with my computer..

It's not difficult.

All you're doing is downloaidng software from the links provided, installing them, running a scan, and posting the logs they generate here. Pretty straightforward ;).

And the other couple of things to check I gave you instructions on how to do so.

It's not difficult.

All you're doing is downloaidng software from the links provided, installing them, running a scan, and posting the logs they generate here. Pretty straightforward ;).

And the other couple of things to check I gave you instructions on how to do so.

What do you think of combofix?

Back
Top Bottom