Network Issue: One or more network protocols are missing from this computer

CompT

Baseband Member
Ugh. I can't get on to the internet. My house is pretty big so I have an extender (Netgear EX2700 N300) in my room. When I run the troubleshooter, it says "one or more network protocols are missing from this computer" and I can't find a solution online. Help!

Btw, I'm using another computer in my house that works fine to type this post in

I assume you're trying to connect over wifi?

Did you make sure and install the latest drivers for your wifi card, from the wireless card manufacturer's website?

What OS are you running?

Open the Network Adapters window, and right click your wifi adapter -> Properties -> Post the contents of the "This connection uses the following items" list.

Yes, I'm trying to connect over wifi. I installed the latest drivers a while ago, but I can't download new ones, if there are any, because of the wifi problem. I'm running Windows 10. Also tried downloading adapter drivers from the "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", but every time I try it, it times out. Weirdly, the automatic update says I have the latest version. My adapter's an Asus USB-N13.

When you say "the connection uses the following items", is that the same for "the following properties are available for the device" on the Advanced tab of the adapter's properties? If so, here is the list:

Bandwidth- 20_40 MHz
EnableAdaptivity- Auto
HLDiffForAdaptivity- 7
L2HForAdaptivity- F5
QoS Support- Support QoS
WiFi Config- Performance
Wireless Mode- IEEE 802.11b/g/n

Try that adapter on another pc to see if it's working properly. If it is, then try uninstalling all the software from the troubled pc and remove the device in the device manager. Reboot and try a new install of the usb wireless drivers/software.

Edit: On a side note, Asus does not provide drivers for windows 8/8.1 or 10 for that device
https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/USBN13/HelpDesk_Download/

Last edited:
Yes, I'm trying to connect over wifi. I installed the latest drivers a while ago, but I can't download new ones, if there are any, because of the wifi problem. I'm running Windows 10. Also tried downloading adapter drivers from the "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", but every time I try it, it times out. Weirdly, the automatic update says I have the latest version. My adapter's an Asus USB-N13.

When you say "the connection uses the following items", is that the same for "the following properties are available for the device" on the Advanced tab of the adapter's properties? If so, here is the list:

Bandwidth- 20_40 MHz
EnableAdaptivity- Auto
HLDiffForAdaptivity- 7
L2HForAdaptivity- F5
QoS Support- Support QoS
WiFi Config- Performance
Wireless Mode- IEEE 802.11b/g/n

Not quite the list I'm looking for.

Open up Network & SHaring Center -> 'Change adapter settings' on the left panel -> right click your wifi adapter -> Properties

I had a similar issue when I upgraded to 10, Internet worked but kept dropping out randomly (wired connection mind you) well yesterday I had NO internet connection, I downloaded the newest drivers on another pc, Uninstalled the old ones first which also said newest drivers by windows. And installed the new one and all issues went away.

Ok, I fixed the problem. I'm stupid I didn't think of it earlier. I moved the extender to my surge supressor underneath my desk, and I connected an ethernet cable to it from my computer. Fixed the problem. Eh sorry for the trouble

Ok, I fixed the problem. I'm stupid I didn't think of it earlier. I moved the extender to my surge supressor underneath my desk, and I connected an ethernet cable to it from my computer. Fixed the problem. Eh sorry for the trouble
Props to you for actually typing out how you fixed it instead of just saying "I fixed it" and leaving, or just closing the thread. I hate people that do that. This way anyone else that googles their issue can solve it. I'm sure many will appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom