My Window 7 is infected and I tried all I know

Jeebusineedhelp

Solid State Member
Hello!

Ok, so my family and I have a shared computer. Its a Windows 7 desktop. (Made it myself :))
Anyways, just today when I came home, I ran a anti-malware program ( I have 3 siblings), I made this computer so I'd love it to be spot free of anything.

To my surprise I found over 700 trojans infecting most of my files. I tried removing them but my program crashed. Then my computer froze and I had to force shut down. As I started up again, I got an error message and Windows 7 started to check whats wrong and try to fix it. The Start up repair program couldn't do a thing (not surprising) and so I proceeded to go to the command prompt and try to boot it up in safemode.

By the way, it doesnt give me any other option other than restart or shut up. If I restart, all it does is repeat the Start Up Repair and still won't do a thing.

In the cmd.exe I typed in /bcdedit /set {default} safemode minimal AND /bcdedit /set {default} safemodealternateshell yes

So far still nothing. I can't even make it to my login screen to sign in.
It says loading window files.... loads... then it proceeds to the Microsoft Corporation loading screen and quickly takes me to Start up repair.

Please help me, my parents are freaking out since they use that computer to do business.

Thanks in advanced!

If you have another computer handy, you could try pulling the HDD out and plugging it to your second computer to use as an external HDD. This way you could at least pull the important files off and do a complete wipe of the infected HDD.

If someone has any ideas that could be executed right from the infected machine, I'd try those first. Good lucky buddy.

Try running a chkdsk.

Go back to the command prompt, and type:

chkdsk c: /f /r

@Glados Unfortunately my parents bought me a mac... so I can't really take a harddrive.
@Carnagex After I run chkdsk what do I do? I haven't done it yet, I just want some steps

Thanks for the replies.

Well it depends if it can boot up or not... So perform the chkdsk and we'll go from there. If you can boot up in normal or safe mode, then great.

So I ran chkdsk on both C and D drives but it hasn't found anything.

I tried booting again but again, I'm stuck in the auto repair loop. And again given two options, restart or shut down.

I have access to command prompt.

Also I tried restoring my files to last "checkpoint" but that didn't do anything.

Again, thanks for your help and I hope I can get this out and done.

In the automatic startup repair, open up the log file that it says you can view after it's finished. See which item it is failing on and post it here.

I really wish I could move this mac... My house is huge and my computer is super far from the other one haha.

Anyways here's what it says:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: StartUpRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200021
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 24
Problem Signature 07: CorruptFile
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Does it not give a screen like this?

CorruptedBD02.png

That will give an error code as well as a description in whichever section failed.

Back
Top Bottom