Malicious software

Adam Bristol

Beta member
I have download some malicious software.
It keeps downloading programs after I uninstall them.
I have tried removing trojan's listed by Microsoft security essentials but have had no luck in stopping the seemingly perpetual download of unauthorized programs.

What do I need to do to eliminate such threat?
Is there more helpful information I can share?
Please let me know if there is any thing else I can do to get rid of such hindrance.

I am studying my PhD thesis and need it eliminated ASAP, else it will jeapardise my grades.

Firstly, run a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware (the Free version is fine, you don't need to activate the Pro trial). Scan with it, delete whatever it finds, reboot and post the log here. Download it from here:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Secondly, run a scan with AdwCleaner. Same as above, scan with it, delete what it finds, post the log file here. Download from here:
AdwCleaner Download

Thirdly, run a scan with HiJackThis. Run it as Admin, pick the "scan and generate log" option, and then post the logfile here. Do NOT remove ANYTHING unless told to do so, as removing the wrong entry can damage your system. Download it from here:
HiJackThis | SourceForge.net

Also, I'd suggest getting rid of MSE and replacing it with Avira. Avira is also free, but performs much better. Even Microsoft doesn't recommend using MSE anymore, as they kind of abandoned updating it and it grew to be ineffective at both preventing and removing malware. You can get Avira from here: Avira Free Antivirus - Download the best free antivirus software

Back
Top Bottom