Major problems- XP anti virus and backdoor viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmw19

Beta member
I am new to this forum. I have 2 separate issues if you guys could give me some advice. This has been the week from torment for computers!

1st I got an XP antivirus virus on my desktop and had to have it professionally cleaned (my Norton kept on quarantine over and over and could not delet it). Now I have a backdoor trojan virus on my laptop that Norton keeps deleting over and over!!!

my two q's are:

1) On my desktop it is clean now but for some reason Norton used to screen like 200,000 files on my computer but ever since I got it cleaned now it only scans 19,000. Is that weird? Why is the scan so short now, I'm still running a full scan.

2) On my laptop: I have a backdoor trojan virus that has appeared after downloading the new version of spysweeper. Some people said it may have been Norton recognizing the new spyweeper file as a virus. But now I am getting other backdoor viruses also. Norton is deleting them when it finds them on auto-protect but when I do a full scan it does not find them.

I have corporate norton! I thought this was the best! its allowing plenty of viruses to get thru my computers.

Any advice for the computer un-savvy!!!

Thanks,

BMW-

First off, I would ditch Norton. Norton is well known because it is shoved off on everyone by the big companies, but it ain't all that. Norton causes more problems than it fixes, and, as you have now seen, it doesn't catch everything. I uses Nod32 from Eset and it is awesome. TrendMicro and Kapersky are also top notch.

Your best option would be to follow the directions for posting a log and post up a HiJackThis log, let them look it over, and then follow their advice.

I too spent 3 days trying to get rid of the antivirus xp 2008. It completely took over my computer. The antivirus I was using, VIPRE, would detect them and say they were quarantined but it kept coming back. After I deleted enough of the viruses, I was able to get online and download Malwarebytes antivirus and malware remover. It worked wonders. The program found an additional 41 rootkits, trojans, and worms. I scanned once and my computer was back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom