IP Spoofing help

Newtron

Beta member
ImageUploadedByTech-Forums1410420391.333800.jpg
Our router history.
We Know that we have been targeted by a hacker. The SOB admitted it but we don't know if his data could help us uncover what he's doing exactly. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tech-Forums

Define "targeted by a hacker".

Sure, that shows IP requests coming in over TCP, but nothing really that he's doing anything... Just make sure your firewall is turned on in the router, router firmware is up to date, passwords are secure, etc. If you want, you could try unplugging your modem (or if you have a modem/router combination) from the power cord, for around 24 hours so that you get a new public IP. Go here before you unplug your modem, and write down your public IP: www.ipchicken.com
Then, after you plug your modem back in, go back to IPChicken and see if you have a different IP address. If you do, then great. If not, you may have to call your ISP and ask them if there's a way for them to get you a new IP address because you think you may be being targeted via your IP.

I'd also suggest running malware scans with Malwarebytes Antimalware on all of your systems on your network, in case there is a backdoor in one of them. Make sure they have all the latest security patches and such as well. What are you running for an AV? If you're running Norton or McAfee... ditch it and get something better (and free) such as Avira, Avast, BitDefender Free, or if you want to pay for an AV go with Eset or Kaspersky.

Last edited:
Define "targeted by a hacker".
View attachment 6594
Our router history.
We Know that we have been targeted by a hacker. The SOB admitted it but we don't know if his data could help us uncover what he's doing exactly. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tech-Forums

Sure, that shows IP requests coming in over TCP, but nothing really that he's doing anything... Just make sure your firewall is turned on in the router, router firmware is up to date, passwords are secure, etc. If you want, you could try unplugging your modem (or if you have a modem/router combination) from the power cord, for around 24 hours so that you get a new public IP. Go here before you unplug your modem, and write down your public IP: IP Chicken - Whats my IP address? ip address lookup
Then, after you plug your modem back in, go back to IPChicken and see if you have a different IP address. If you do, then great. If not, you may have to call your ISP and ask them if there's a way for them to get you a new IP address because you think you may be being targeted via your IP.

I'd also suggest running malware scans with Malwarebytes Antimalware on all of your systems on your network, in case there is a backdoor in one of them. Make sure they have all the latest security patches and such as well. What are you running for an AV? If you're running Norton or McAfee... ditch it and get something better (and free) such as Avira, Avast, BitDefender Free, or if you want to pay for an AV go with Eset or Kaspersky.

Great advice, OP ; are you implying he is sending direct command line messages through your screen - or are we talking other forms of direct correspondence ?

Also considering changing the DNS Servers/Routing associated with your router, you can use release / renew function, and you may want to consider getting a VPN as a preventative measure. For general security as well.

Let him in! Download Kali Linux Security suite and hack his machine back lol. Unless you have no experience in using Kali or know concepts of hacking then do what the other people say. You could even just put some fake stuff that looks worth stealing on a DMZ and allow yourself more time to hack his machine before he is on to you. That is if you know hacking at all. If you don't do not download Kali Linux and do ANYTHING with it because it could cause great harm on your machine if you mess with it. If you want you can install it in a virtual environment, or you can use it as a live cd. I would suggest dual boot but it really is not necessary at all. I would put it on a separate machine all together and just have it as a security machine. Windows offers a lot of tools as well, some are even the same as the ones presented in Kali Linux. Be careful!

Since I doubt you have those skills I would definitely recommend using a VPN and setup MAC filtering on your router.

Let him in! Download Kali Linux Security suite and hack his machine back lol. Unless you have no experience in using Kali or know concepts of hacking then do what the other people say. You could even just put some fake stuff that looks worth stealing on a DMZ and allow yourself more time to hack his machine before he is on to you. That is if you know hacking at all. If you don't do not download Kali Linux and do ANYTHING with it because it could cause great harm on your machine if you mess with it. If you want you can install it in a virtual environment, or you can use it as a live cd. I would suggest dual boot but it really is not necessary at all. I would put it on a separate machine all together and just have it as a security machine. Windows offers a lot of tools as well, some are even the same as the ones presented in Kali Linux. Be careful!

Since I doubt you have those skills I would definitely recommend using a VPN and setup MAC filtering on your router.

Hacking another person's system is illegal and shouldn't be recommended here.

Back
Top Bottom