I am going to assume a virus did this.

Siedas

Solid State Member
Let's begin with this fun little game called who is to blame.

So it starts out like this. I get home from visitation with my mother; turn on the laptop as I usually do to begin my arting and after the start up and my background semi-loads. My computer freezes.

I panicked a little, but did not think of much since it happened the night before, so I pressed the power button on the laptop, and it went off. I turned the power on again and after the start up the background semi-loads again and then freezes.

I get a little worried, so I shut it off with the power again, and went to safe mode. The freezing that would usually happen during the normal mode did not happen in the safe mode. I called a technical support about this little issue. I was unaware I had to pay get anything done about my technical problem.

They told me it might just be a software problem. I knew that was unlikely it. I tried calling another technical support personnel. They didn't tell me much (for that would cost money), but they gave me a free diagnostic and that was pretty much it.

After fixing and cleaning the registry three times and scanning the computer for malware and viruses. Nothing came through. Not evening finding the program they used for the diagnostic to download on my own will and scanning and cleaning myself did the trick.

Now I was about to give up until I deleted some files and this came up " This file cannot be deleted because it is in use" now I believe there might be more undetectable viruses on the lose in my computer.

What should I do?
~ Siedas

P.S. I have a video that shows the freezing process. If you wish to see it, please pm me.

If you have access to another computer install an antivirus program to a good flash drive.

Boot into safe-mode with networking. - safe mode doesn't load all windows features that's why it's easier to kill malware and viruses in this mode.

Then run your antivirus diagnostic. Recommended programs are

Avast antivirus
Combofix
Malware bytes
Ccleaner to clear bad registry files.
Glary utilities
etc.

These should get you operational.

Also you can clear out your temp files %temp%
or search the C:/ drive for .tmp files and thats even more through.

Sounds like a software or driver issue.

Start > Run > type msconfig and press enter. Go to the Startup tab and uncheck everything except for your antivirus. Then reboot into normal mode and see if you still freeze. If it does, then I would get all the updated versions of drivers for all your components and install them.

If it doesnt' freeze, start enabling each thing in MSConfig one by one until it freezes on boot.

Back
Top Bottom