Graphics Accelerator problem

tboneman

Solid State Member
This is a problem that's been around the Internet a while. I've tried 7 or 8 so called fixes and none of them work.

“Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows Vista stopped responding and has successfully recovered.” Don't understand the 'Vista” reference.

It's my wife's computer... HP Compaq dc7700 Small Form Factor. 2 gig of RAM, running Win 7 Home Premium.

There may be a virus involved...I don't know. There are a couple of files that refuse to allow themselves to be deleted.

The closest I've come to fixing this thing came from Intel. Their website has a driver finder utility. It scanned and found the Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset family. The utility downloaded itself and started to install an upgrade file. It got all the way thru to the end, then failed.

Trying the fix by updating the file thru Device Manager results in a message that the latest driver is already installed. I was able to download the driver from HP. It's a large file (6.4 mb) with many folders and files. Couldn't find a Setup file. Windows refuses to look at the file.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem? Appreciate your help.

Wes

This is a problem that's been around the Internet a while. I've tried 7 or 8 so called fixes and none of them work.

“Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows Vista stopped responding and has successfully recovered.” Don't understand the 'Vista” reference.

It's my wife's computer... HP Compaq dc7700 Small Form Factor. 2 gig of RAM, running Win 7 Home Premium.

There may be a virus involved...I don't know. There are a couple of files that refuse to allow themselves to be deleted.
If you think it's virus related, run a scan with MalwareBytes Antimalware firstly.

The closest I've come to fixing this thing came from Intel. Their website has a driver finder utility. It scanned and found the Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset family. The utility downloaded itself and started to install an upgrade file. It got all the way thru to the end, then failed.

Trying the fix by updating the file thru Device Manager results in a message that the latest driver is already installed.
Get the latest driver from Intel for your graphics adapter. Don't try the "Update driver..." through Device Manager - that's just going to get the last "approved" driver from Microsoft's servers, which usually aren't the most up to date.

I was able to download the driver from HP. It's a large file (6.4 mb) with many folders and files. Couldn't find a Setup file. Windows refuses to look at the file.

It's most likely just a collection of driver files (INF and configs, etc.) - you'll need to do "Update driver..." through Device Manager, and then choose the "Browse folder" option and point it to the folder you extracted that contains the INF files and such. If it finds a newer version, it will install.

Make sure you're getting the correct version for your OS.

Back
Top Bottom