Anti-Virus,Malware,Spyware Ect. Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisp1989

Beta member
Any have any recommendations as far as antivirus, malware, spyware ect tools go, im currently using -

ComboFix
MalwareBytes
S&D
CC Cleaner
Avast

These are mainly used to do virus removals on client systems. I love the fuctionality of Combofix anyone know of anymore Anti-Malicious software like that?

i use ms security essentials and do not run as a admin user.

also, i run the newest FF with adblock plus ext; very nice.

i've read that kaspersky has the most detections but also the most false positives. this may have been a year ago.

avira is supposed to be pretty good too.

someone else on these forums mentioned soluto recently. ive yet to try it.

edit - i use peer block, too

FF = FireFox.

One to add to your toolkit is HiJackThis. Takes some time to learn how to use it, but is a good tool.

Great thanks for the advice, if you can think of anything else that i could add feel free to let me know.

Really all I use is:

ComboFix
HJT
MBAM
and manual removal methods.
Combine that with MSE for the AV, and I am usually able to clean off systems within a short amount of time.
I will occassionally use TrojanRemover as well (not freeware though, unfortunately...it has a 30day trial though).

For manual removal methods, is there some type of guide that i could read to start learning correct methods?

All depends on the infection... They change methods frequently.

For a while, for those fake antivirus ones that would come up, they would usually always be in a temp folder (usually C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local or Roaming). So I would just go in there, delete the .exe, reboot, and continue my scans.

Because of the nature of those ones though, it would break the file association with .exe files, so I had to find a few registry files to reset .exe files to their default Windows association.

Malware evolves, and so should your removal methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom