Adware blocking ALL javascript usage

Kraton9000

Solid State Member
Okay, my browsers all have an adware called "rvzr-a.akamaihd.net" I'm not too sure how this adware came onto my computer, as I always review whatever I'm installing and always opt for the custom installation. But, that is not my direct concern; my main concern is trying to remove the adware.

I have had adware before and whenever I've had it, I've always been able to remove in 1 of 2 ways.
1. Look through Program Files (x86) in my C drive and delete any suspicious folders
2. Reset my browser settings (Chrome)

However, neither of those methods worked for this adware. After messing around with Chrome's settings, I found that the adware was saving some site data on my computer. So, I ran Chrome in incognito mode and everything was fine. Still, I wanted to remove the adware totally, since it was still slowing down my computer.

I first thought that it was saving cookies on my computer, so I blocked ALL sites (first-party and third-party), but the ads were still there. Then, I realized that it was using javascript. So, I blocked ALL sites (first-party and third-party) from using Javascript and, sure enough, the ads were gone.

But, this is still not good enough since,
1. The adware is still in my computer and is still slowing down my computer
2. Many sites require javascript to properly function, including hotmail.

So, if anyone knows how to remove this PUP, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

Edit - I have also included a screenshot of a bunch of cookies and flash data on my computer.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Run Rkill: Downloading RKill
Then install Malwarebytes (Free Version): Downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Use Malwarebytes, and run a quick scan. Delete whatever it finds. If it doesn't find anything, run a "full" scan. If it still doesn't come back with anything, restart and boot into "safe mode with networking", and repeat the process.

Repeat the entire procedure as many times as your sanity allows.

Open up Task Manager and go to the Startup tab. Anything there that seems to be a random file, and not anything related to something you run.. post it here and/or disable it from start up.

Also, download HiJackThis, run a scan, and post a log here.

I looked through the startup tab and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.
I also downloaded HijackThis and ran a scan as an administrator.
Attached is the log file.

Attachments

• s.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Nothing in there that looks suspicious...

Do you have any add-ons running in Chrome?

No. I have no extensions/add-ons in chrome. I have reset my browser multiple times. The ads keep coming. Like I said, they're setting a javascript through various webpages. I need to somehow delete them.

I ran a tdsskiller scan and it found 0 threats (no rootkits or anything). Is it still nesscessary to go through with an MBAM full scan?

Back
Top Bottom