Why can't Firefox connect to Badoo?

aretilda

Solid State Member
So there is website that I want to go to called Badoo but every time I try to go to it a message comes up that says "Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at badoo", I've never encountered a problem like this before because every other website works just fine, I'm running Firefox latest version and Windows 8.1 everything is up to date. Badoo works just fine on my laptop! My desktop is the one that won't connect to Badoo but both computers are using the same modem and I've never tampered with the internet settings or anything like that. Oh and I've tried all internet browsers on my desktop and none of them will connect to Badoo.

Why can't I connect to Badoo on my desktop? I need help to get this site to connect somehow.

try cleaning out your cookies & cache in Firefox.
Click on the "Tools" in the toolbar in the upper left of the firefox screen, from that drop down box select "Options" and then click on the "Privacy" tab. Select "Show Cookies" and delete all unwanted cookies.
In the same Options Box under the Privacy tab, select "Settings" and clear the cache. Restart Firefox and see if you can access your web site

try cleaning out your cookies & cache in Firefox.
Click on the "Tools" in the toolbar in the upper left of the firefox screen, from that drop down box select "Options" and then click on the "Privacy" tab. Select "Show Cookies" and delete all unwanted cookies.
In the same Options Box under the Privacy tab, select "Settings" and clear the cache. Restart Firefox and see if you can access your web site

It still won't connect to it.

If it's happening with all browsers on your system, then it's not browser specific.

Check your proxy settings (Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections tab -> LAN Settings -> make sure "Use a proxy" is unchecked).

Also, I'd suggest checking for driver updates for your network adapter. Open up Device Manager and find your ethernet adapter under Network Connections -> google the brand/model of ethernet (LAN) adapter and get the most recent drivers for it.

If it's happening with all browsers on your system, then it's not browser specific.

Check your proxy settings (Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections tab -> LAN Settings -> make sure "Use a proxy" is unchecked).

Also, I'd suggest checking for driver updates for your network adapter. Open up Device Manager and find your ethernet adapter under Network Connections -> google the brand/model of ethernet (LAN) adapter and get the most recent drivers for it.

Use a proxy was already unchecked. So my network adapter is the Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 I found a list of drivers under the AR815X family drivers tab but I don't know which one to download, I tried installing the Windows WHQL driver but it wouldn't install I guess it was the wrong one. https://www.qca.qualcomm.com/resources/driverdownloads/

??

Qualcomm ATHEROS Network drivers for Windows

Get the drivers from there. AR8151 is in the list there; just have to download the right driver for w/e version / architecture of Windows you have.

I was about to install it but my computer scanned the driver and determined that the latest driver version is already installed. Nothing has changed but Badoo still won't work, I ran an online tool that monitors site server status and it confirms that Badoo is up and working and my laptop is able to connect to it using the exact same modem. It's just so strange I would really appreciate more help.

Open up a command prompt (Start -> Type cmd and press enter), and try to ping the website.

I assume that the URL for Badoo is just "badoo.com" ?

ping badoo.com

When you run that, it should pop up and say "Pinging badoo.com [x.x.x.x] with 32 bytes of data". The pings may fail (depends on if they allow their server to be pinged or not). But, take note of the numbers in square brackets - that's the site's IP address. Type that set of numbers into FF's address bar (where you'd normally type badoo.com), and see if you can navigate directly to it with the IP. If you can get to it that way... then you have a DNS issue.

I'd also suggest doing (in a command prompt window) these one at a time:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

Open up a command prompt (Start -> Type cmd and press enter), and try to ping the website.

I assume that the URL for Badoo is just "badoo.com" ?

ping badoo.com

When you run that, it should pop up and say "Pinging badoo.com [x.x.x.x] with 32 bytes of data". The pings may fail (depends on if they allow their server to be pinged or not). But, take note of the numbers in square brackets - that's the site's IP address. Type that set of numbers into FF's address bar (where you'd normally type badoo.com), and see if you can navigate directly to it with the IP. If you can get to it that way... then you have a DNS issue.

I'd also suggest doing (in a command prompt window) these one at a time:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

Okay I pinged it and typed the site's IP address in FF and it still won't connect I get the same error message, I did the ipconfigs anyways but it's still unable to connect to the website.

Hmm... just to make sure there's no malware, run a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware and post the logs here after you remove anything it finds.

Also, run a scan with HiJackThis from SourceForge and post the log it generates here as well.

Back
Top Bottom