What the?

SiZcO

In Runtime
I've had firefox for years... and can't remeber using anything else lol.. but lately its been glitching and crashing like CRAZY. its updated.. but i dont know whats going on.. what is a better browser thats smooth like firefox?

I've been using Chrome since I switched from FF several years ago.

If you don't want Google's version of Chrome...you can always get straight up Chromium, which is what Chrome is based off of, and without the Google stuff built in.

Same goes for Iceweasel, which is based off of FF.

Barring that...have you tried completely uninstalling FIreFox & deleting the profile it saves on your system then reinstalling?

I've been using Chrome since I switched from FF several years ago.

If you don't want Google's version of Chrome...you can always get straight up Chromium, which is what Chrome is based off of, and without the Google stuff built in.

Same goes for Iceweasel, which is based off of FF.

Barring that...have you tried completely uninstalling FIreFox & deleting the profile it saves on your system then reinstalling?

No i have not. im not really FF Biased i've only used IE and FF to be honest so i'd be open to anything.. do you suggest Chrome over FF? i just want it to be smooth i dont use any of FF add-ons anyways.

I personally like Chrome over FF, but each person has their own preference.

I'd suggest giving it a try and seeing if you like it. If you don't like Chrome and can't fix FF, could even give Opera a try.

I'd suggest giving it a try and seeing if you like it. If you don't like Chrome and can't fix FF, could even give Opera a try.

Thanks for the suggestions.

To add to this, I use chrome and I change the search engine to startpage, add plugins like ad blocker plus, and disconnect.me (which stops backend ad tracking). This makes chrome really smooth and takes away the google element :cool:

To add to this, I use chrome and I change the search engine to startpage, add plugins like ad blocker plus, and disconnect.me (which stops backend ad tracking). This makes chrome really smooth and takes away the google element :cool:

I prefer uBlock + Privacy Badger from EFF + FlashControl

That stuff doesn't take away the Google Element though..the "google element" I was referring to, was the Google integration into the browser, such as the account tie-in, etc.

I prefer uBlock + Privacy Badger from EFF + FlashControl

That stuff doesn't take away the Google Element though..the "google element" I was referring to, was the Google integration into the browser, such as the account tie-in, etc.

Ah ok, I was thinking more the tracking google does :)

Back
Top Bottom