is there a way to set a primary gmail account / other google accounts?

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I now have a work gmail account setup at home. Problem is whenever I now open a google service the work one opens up. I have gmail, google calendar, google photos, google drive. Anytime I open any of these my work account opens up. It's annoying. Is there a way to set a primary one?

Also, the only way I've found to sign out of a gmail account is to scroll to the bottom and click 'sign out of all gmail accounts'. I have multiple accounts and I have no wish to sign out of all of them, just the work one. Is there a way to do so?

In the past, that is, years ago, you could only sign in with one Google Account at a time. This means that you always had to sign out of the account before signing in with another account. Then people wanted to not log out. Now the opposite is true.
So. In response to your question, you must sign out manually. Otherwise, you will naturally be logged out if you close the device or devices associated with this account, but your data will be stored on your devices. For example, in cookies, web browser memory (most recently used, session, etc.) and as soon as you open this device, you will be automatically signed in to the account you last used.
If you do not wish to do so, you must always log out and, if necessary, clear cookies and/or usage history before shutting down your device.
You can do it automatically, if want. Most of devices have such a settings. If not, You can use special script to log out and delete cookies, etc. The script is simple to write, but it is different for every user, so You must make Your selection, but the simplest way is to logging off.

how do you log out of gmail though? i cant find a way to do so without logging every single account off.
writing a script sounds interesting. can you expand?

Back
Top Bottom