A problem with FireFox

ZoomY

Solid State Member
Hello guys!

I'm having such a problem. FF usually loads sites and pages without any problems, but from time to time it simply says that it can't connect to the server. But it isn't even trying! The error message is there in less then a second. After pressing F5 for several times it finally establishes the connection, but the whole situation is pretty annoying. Did anyone experience something like that? Any solutions?

If firefox is the problem then the only thing I can suggest for now is to clear the browser cache or updating the browser. However, you haven't mentioned if it does the same on other browsers like IE or safari (depending on your OS). It could be a network issue or the network adapter needs an update. Check if the websites load on other browsers and if they do, try doing what I suggested above.

bevolasko, thanks for suggestions. However, I've already cleaned the cache and cookies, reset the network adapter, rebooted the computer and I've got the last version of FF installed (29.0.1).

On any other browser everything works well (Opera, IE, Chrome).

I already had such problem in the past but I don't remember what the solution was, and can't find it in Google. :( Hope someone encountered the same problem and knows the solution.

bevolasko, thanks for suggestions. However, I've already cleaned the cache and cookies, reset the network adapter, rebooted the computer and I've got the last version of FF installed (29.0.1).

On any other browser everything works well (Opera, IE, Chrome).

I already had such problem in the past but I don't remember what the solution was, and can't find it in Google. :( Hope someone encountered same problem and knows the solution.

That's good to hear. Well, at least the other browsers work. :D

Anyways what OS do you have installed?

You know XP is no longer supported by Microsoft as well, right? I would highly suggest moving to Win7 if possible.

Anyway... as for your problem... is it only specific sites this happens to, or does it do it to random sites? When this happens, are you able to successfully connect to the site in another browser while FF is still unable to connect?

carnageX, I have another PC with an up-to-date version of Windows as well as Ubuntu, but still need to use this one for a number of reasons. And it's way too old to update to something more modern than XP.

Everything works well as all the software I use here is either as old or is compatible with anything starting from the early versions of Windows NT.

Regarding the FF, it happens to random sites. I am able to connect to those sites in other browsers and I also manage to connect to them in the FF after refreshing the page for several times (each refresh takes no more than one second).

It's like a car that can't start, but after you turn the key for three or for times is starts.

Last edited:
One more thing, sometimes it opens the page but won't load the CSS or some images.
Taking into consideration that CSS and each image requires a separate server connection, I would assume the problem is in establishing the connection on the very early stage. But what could it be?

Back
Top Bottom