An outlook express store file may be damaged.

martinpayne

Beta member
Can you please help me 'coz whenever i open express outlook error is showin up and i cant receive or send e-mails. it's written"An outlook express store file may be damaged.Pls. use utility such as scandisk to verify & repair any damaged

What OS are you running? Sounds like XP, I'm guessing.

Firstly, I'd run a disk check:
Start -> Run... -> type "cmd" (without quotes) -> Press Enter -> type in the following:
chkdsk C: /f /r
Press Enter and it will say it cannot lock the current drive and to run on next reboot. Type Y and hit Enter -> Reboot your computer and let it run through the check (it may take some time, depending on how big your HDD is).

If that doesn't fix it, then try the suggestion here (the post where he talks about creating a new Identity / importing your previous data):
Outlook Express, scan disk for damaged files. - Microsoft Community

The recovery of the information that was lost was done with the help of the following steps:
-The list of newsgroups from each news account is re-downloaded
-Subscribed newsgroups are reset and the messages are again downloaded
-IMAP's and the newsgroup folder's synchronization options are reset
-The message rules are edited, that are capable of moving and copying of messages to the folders, other than the Inbox
-The mail folder hierarchy is recreated with the dragging of the folders into place in the Folders list. The folders list will not contain the folders, which are created for the grouping of sub-folders and which do not contain messages. These folders are to be created again

More effective methods to solving your issue
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...ile-of-outlook-express?forum=messengerconnect - here ask any question and get different answers
https://www.repairtoolbox.com/outlookexpressrepair.html Outlook Express Repair Toolbox - paid, but tested many users, and many reviews says that this software is quite good

Back
Top Bottom