My Netflix hardly ever stream at HD quality.

thesaguy

Beta member
Hi,

I have AT&T high speed internet at 48MB/s and still have this issue.

I've called Netflix and they say the problem is on AT&T side and when I call AT&T they said it's Netflix that has the issue.

I seem to have this issue on all my Netflix devices. My main device is a Song Google TV box that's connected via Ethernet cable.

I'm wondering if anyone could help me with this issue, since I have no idea what else I could do to get Netflix to pay in HD, never mind Ultra-HD.

Thanks.

Not sure how much there is to this rumor but Netflix and a lot of internet providers don't get along so well, I would try other video sites and see if you get it in HD and if you do then call Netflix and if they say it's not them you can tell them all other streaming is fine except for them so it might inspire them to actually look into it other than just blame some one else. Although if all other sources won't do HD either then you can do the same to AT&T saying if it's Netflix then why won't any other web site stream in HD.

Not sure how much there is to this rumor but Netflix and a lot of internet providers don't get along so well, I would try other video sites and see if you get it in HD and if you do then call Netflix and if they say it's not them you can tell them all other streaming is fine except for them so it might inspire them to actually look into it other than just blame some one else. Although if all other sources won't do HD either then you can do the same to AT&T saying if it's Netflix then why won't any other web site stream in HD.

It's not rumor - Netflix and Comcast/Verizon are having a spat with the whole net neutrality thing.

When you say spat, you mean the ISP's are limiting bandwidth to Netflix, and forcing them to give the ISP's money, in return for them to stop throttling it ;)

Less spat, more forcing money out of them with extremely underhanded tactics

I take it that there's nothing I can do besides finding a ISP that is not part of this Extortion?

Call your ISP and tell them you think you are getting slow speeds. Call Customer Service and ask them what speeds you pay for. Then have then transfer you to Tech Support. Tech support should have you run speedtests by Ookla and check your connections.

If everything checks and you are getting the speeds you should. Do What Duanate Suggested and check out some other services like Hulu to make sure you can stream HD and it is not your computer. Then you can call Netflix and tell them it is on their end.

Comcast cust are seeing relief now that Netflix is paying money to them. Netflix is still fighting it out with a bunch of other ISP and those customers are still getting the shaft.

End of the day there is not much Netflix can do other than pay the money to the trolls!

"Netflix users on Verizon and AT&T get raw deal, have little reason for hope" http://arstechnica.com/business/201...att-get-raw-deal-have-little-reason-for-hope/

Last edited:
If you speedtest at 48Mb (**** highest ATT offers in all of DFW is 18) then it's going to be ATT's caching servers. I bet at peak hours Youtube slows down too. If they won't admit to it or do anything about it you can try OpenDNS as a last resort.

Back
Top Bottom