issue with autofill

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I often have to fill in my address and phone number of websites.

One thing I've found is that once I type in my first name I can auto-populate the rest of the entries. The issue I'm having is that my phone number doesnt have any hyphens in it, which makes it harder to read. I want to hyphenate it in the auto settings.

I'm using Chrome. I went to autofill settings. I have 3 different entries there for my address. One includes my apartment number (building and apt #), one is just building number, one is different in some other way. But each of them has a hyphenated phone number. Is there some way to figure out where its pulling in the non-hyphentated number from and how to fix that?

Thanks
Dan

Thanks. I already have this info in autofill though and I know how to edit it. What I said was that what I have in the autofill settings wasnt matching was was being output.

The formatting really depends on the input type on the page you're inserting.

Some pages don't like the hyphens and other's don't care and will accept anything...all depends on how it's implemented on the website. Generally, just all number with no formatting is safer and more compatible than phone numbers with hyphens.

Usually webpages that require hyphens will add them in for you when you type in the number with no formatting.

Could possibly be that the field you're autofilling only allows numbers to be entered?

edit: argh ninja'd! What happens when you leave a post open for a couple hours before replying XD

its a phone number field. i dont know abouts its preference per se, and its different pages each time. all i know is, when i change the phone number to include the hyphens, there's no objection, so i feel like its not forcing the hyphens out.

Hmm. Probably the easiest thing to do next would be remove all auto-complete entries using the instructions i2D linked to. Try a form and make sure nothing autofills after that, then create a new form and enter your details. See if that fails too

Thanks. I already have this info in autofill though and I know how to edit it. What I said was that what I have in the autofill settings wasnt matching was was being output.

Sorry, didnt read the part... and like others says, certain pages allow certain formats so that may be the problem...

Back
Top Bottom