Hi, newbie here.

Altair WMD

Beta member
Greetings all. I'm having an internet problem and have no idea what's causing it. My mother has a HP laptop running Windows 7. She uses FireFox as her primary browser. When she opens FF and goes to a search engine, it will load the front page fine. But when she tries to do a search, the computer will never load the search results or if it loads results, it won't load images. Most of the time the "loading wheel" just spins & spins, but nothing really happens. Her computer is the only one in the house that has this issue. My Mac and my dad's Windows 8 HP never have that problem. My sister's Windows 8 HP will have the same problem, but only occasionally. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is and how to fix it? Every time she has taken it to Best Buy while it was under warranty it worked perfectly (figures). They tried to tell her it's our internet connection or the router having too many devices connected. But I don't buy that, since her laptop is the only one to have that issue on a regular basis. It should be noted that 4-5 devices are regularly connected to our router: my laptop, my sister's laptop, my cell, DirecTV, and my mom's laptop. I also have an Xbox360 that connects to it, but it's powered off the vast majority of the time. Thanks for whatever help you can give.

P.S. - Sorry for the "wall of text." It's all a related topic and there wasn't a good place for a new paragraph.

Back
Top Bottom