having trouble with the new bookmarks function in chrome

bigdan

Daemon Poster
There seems to be an update to Chrome which has affected the interface for when I bookmark, and the bookmark manager. WHen I used to press Ctrl-D it would give me the option of like 5-10 folders, plus I could choose to maximize the folder list and choose from there. Now it only gives me one. If I want to choose some other folder than the last one used, it requires multiple extra clicks.

For example if I press Ctrl-D right now I see "Add to folder" and then below it I only see "Cooking". If I click the Add 2 Folder dropdown I see 3 folders there, Bookmarks Bar and 2 others, and everything is under Bookmarks Bar. THEN once I click on Bookmarks Bar, I have to scroll through all the folders there, but I can only see 3 at a time! Like, this is a nightmare. Sooo many steps!

Someone pleaaase help! If nothing else can I go back to a previous version?

Thanks
Dan

EDIT - Oh I forgot to add the issue that caused me to write this in the first place. So in the Emails folder that had 200 bookmarks I just searched for 'Reddit' (via the updated Bookmark Manager). But it doesnt give me results only within this folder, its showing me all bookmarks everywhere. How do I restrict it to this folder? Doesnt seem possible. It used to be before this darn update!

What's so tough? It's pretty much the same, just in a "larger" dropdown.

Click the star -> it's added to the current folder. If you want to change the folder its in, click "add to folder" and traverse down your hierarchy. The only thing I've seen is "different" is that it doesn't remember the last bookmark location when adding a new bookmark (which sometimes isn't a bad thing).

What's so tough? It's pretty much the same, just in a "larger" dropdown.

Click the star -> it's added to the current folder. If you want to change the folder its in, click "add to folder" and traverse down your hierarchy. The only thing I've seen is "different" is that it doesn't remember the last bookmark location when adding a new bookmark (which sometimes isn't a bad thing).

Like I said the graphics/ UI is stupid, before you click bookmark and then just click ok when your in the bookmark, in the new one it adds it to a generic folder which it never did, then you have to find the folder (whilst a large image is displayed at the top - FOR WHAT REASON?) then when you click the folder it just adds it.. what if you didnt mean to click the folder...

Bookmarking is meant to be simple.. im sure if we done a vote people will agree the old one is better ... You just like to debate for no reason..:cool:

Like I said the graphics/ UI is stupid, before you click bookmark and then just click ok when your in the bookmark, in the new one it adds it to a generic folder which it never did, then you have to find the folder (whilst a large image is displayed at the top - FOR WHAT REASON?) then when you click the folder it just adds it.. what if you didnt mean to click the folder...
I could say the same thing for the old way - every time I went to add a bookmark, it would add it to the last folder I added it to, when most of the time that's not what I wanted. So I had to go through extra clicks anyway to get it to the right organizational folder. Now, when you click the star to bookmark a page, it pops up -> then you can pick your folder.

If you clicked on a folder and added it to that folder by accident...then it's the same way to change it as before: you click the star again and choose what folder you want to put it in. Or open up the actual bookmark manager and drag/drop it to the proper folder.

The large image at the top is the thumbnail preview while you're in the actual bookmark manager screen, so that you can see what page is which at a quick glance. You can also change the thumbnail when you add the bookmark by clicking the left/right arrows.

Bookmarking is meant to be simple.. im sure if we done a vote people will agree the old one is better ... You just like to debate for no reason..:cool:

People will agree because generally people just don't like change :p.

People will agree because generally people just don't like change :p.

Not true, When windows phone 8/ 8.1 came out everyone loved it and not one person I know wanted WP7... same when windows 7 came out..

These are two examples.. Anyways :cool: Im sure google will change it again one they realise how bad it is.. :cool:

You just know people wont agree with you because you know percentage wise it was better the way it was...

Not true, When windows phone 8/ 8.1 came out everyone loved it and not one person I know wanted WP7... same when windows 7 came out..
Can say the same thing about Windows 8 - people primarily don't like it because the Start Menu is missing, which really isn't much of a big deal and functions just like the normal start menu in Win7. Which goes back to my point...in general, people don't like change ;).

These are two examples.. Anyways :cool: Im sure google will change it again one they realise how bad it is.. :cool:
I wouldn't expect them to revert it - but I would expect them to improve it.

You just know people wont agree with you because you know percentage wise it was better the way it was...

Eh? "Percentage wise"? Not sure what you mean.

Can say the same thing about Windows 8 - people primarily don't like it because the Start Menu is missing, which really isn't much of a big deal and functions just like the normal start menu in Win7. Which goes back to my point...in general, people don't like change ;).

I wouldn't expect them to revert it - but I would expect them to improve it.

Eh? "Percentage wise"? Not sure what you mean.

I never said revert I said change, never assume :cool: if your unsure ask, like you did on your next question :cool:.. and what I meant is if I went through the pros of each bookmark version the old google bookmark would be better, personally I think the old UI was more user-friendly and I'm sure youll agree here?

Back
Top Bottom