Google Chrome driving me up the wall

Zekester2097

In Runtime
I use Google Chrome as my main internet browser.. Recently, it'll just freeze, after i type a search in the "omnibox", and then actually start loading 5-10 seconds after i hit [enter]. Often, It'll just freeze entirely, but Windows doesn't fade out the window, show the "not responding", nothin.. I cleared my stuff not too long ago.. It shouldn't be doing this... But this really makes me wanna punch my monitor sometimes... How can i fix this?

Is this for all sites or just certain ones? Is it the browser taking a long time, or the requests taking a long time? Open up Dev Tools (F12) and go to the Network tab and see if any requests you make are taking a long time.

Could always try uninstalling Chrome, blowing away your Chrome profile, and then reinstalling and see if that helps.

I mean that the every Chrome window would just freeze. And out of nowhere, it works, and tries processing my clicks from me freaking out...

If the actual Chrome application/Windows are freezing... Then my secondary suggestion would probably be the way to go. And/Or running a chkdsk.

Back
Top Bottom