broadband, dial-up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpacaa

Solid State Member
whats the differnence betweent the two, even better is there maybe an up to date site where it explains itnternet connections, or internet in general?

Dial-up connection can be initiated by your computer modem. The connection is established and maintained in a limited time duration. Usually dial-up connections only has a 56kbps speed. In Dial-up connection, you have to connect first before you can access the internet.

A broadband connection usually is like our cable tv. It doesn't require telephone lines to connect. It has a much faster speed compared to dialup connection. Most of broadbands uses a optical wireless media. You don't have to connect, when you open you computer, automatically you are connected to the internet.

Geeesh....just when I thought I had seen everything on TF...I see this. Dial-up vs. Broadband....think b&w vs. color TV. Dialup connects at the fastest 56 Kbps. It averages about 28 Kbps. Broadband typically averages 3000 Kbps and some services are offering up to 15000 Kbps for not a bad price now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom