Ad Block Plus

Songbird

Baseband Member
Hi again. A few months ago I downloaded ABP and it shows on Firefox and Chrome, but not on IE9. Is there a way it can be activated on IE9 or does it have to be downloaded separately on this browser? Your guidelines would be very helpful.

Regards.

I too observed that status bar isn't visible in IE9 even though this isn't the latest version. However, I'm quite sure ABP is not in IE9 which I've recently downloaded & installed because when a access a particular website via firefox or chrome, i don't see ads. Next moment when I access it thru IE9, I see them.

If you're on Win7, then you should be upgraded to IE11 by now; if not, you should update.

I've had multiple websites break after upgrading to ie11. adding them to compatibility view settings got them back to a working fashion.

I'm just a little wary that ie11 might be too heavy an application for my computer which doesn't have all of windows updates. After downloading ie9 I observed it was a bit slow to boot for a few days. I wonder what might be the downside of ie11.

Not updating your system can be a bigger issue because you're leaving unpatched vulnerabilities accessible, which means there's always the possibility that your system can be compromised more easily than somebody will a fully patched system.

Back
Top Bottom