Split up the Hardware Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trotter said:
Call this an example of a good idea that has becopme reality.

Woohoo! Thanks:D

I am glad to see that my idea actually materialized! I hope that everyone likes the change, and it goes well.

Also, it seems that the Overclocking, etc forum (not the subforum) is still there. Is it gonna stay? It doesnt make much sense if it does, because the subforums pretty much cover it.

EDIT: I should also mention that my guide to Random Reboots some how managed to fall through the cracks:(

Here is the link in case it wasnt meant to fall through the cracks:

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61766

I respectfully submit the opinion that the Hardware forum has been subdivided too much. Is there really a need to divide the building/buying forums into low end and high end for instance?

Actually, it is necessary.

When someone asks about the best vid card for around $100, they are swamped with "Get a 6800GT" "No, get a 7800" "No way, get a couple of 7800's SLId and OCd" and such useless garbage.

This way, if someone wants low-end, they can get low-end. And if fanboys want to recommend the high-end stuff anyway, it gets deleted, they get warned, and appropriate action can be taken.

We have a problem Huston. There is a main forum called "overclocking and case modding" and now a subforum for overclocking in the hardware sub forum. Is there a need for two overclocking forums?

Currently being discussed in the mods' forum.

What is the point of they being subforums instead of full fledged forums? There seems to be a "Misc/Other" subforum, so that suggests that you have no intention of anybody posting on the root forum itself? Well, why obfuscate under another layer of hierarchy?

TheHeadFL said:
What is the point of they being subforums instead of full fledged forums? There seems to be a "Misc/Other" subforum, so that suggests that you have no intention of anybody posting on the root forum itself? Well, why obfuscate under another layer of hierarchy?

The big reason that I suggested this was because the hardware forum was so general that in 24 hours, one post (if unanswered) would cycle through to the 4th page.

I dont know about you, but I dont check the 4th page very often...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom