Post-upgrade suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Sorta missed the part where DMo said to post suggestions in here...

• Quick reply box missing - fixed
  • Forum jump doesn't have the forums in it... - fixed
  • What about having the user info to the left of the post again, instead of on top? (by Apokalipse) - fixed
  • Also, most of the links in the 'Quick Links' drop-down menu at the top don't work for me. Same is true for the 'Advanced Search' option under the Search menu. (by Greg)
  • Thread tools menu issue - http://www.techist.com/forums/f5/thread-tools-menu-issue-138398/ (by TheMajor)
  • Search function doesn't work (by Havoc) - fixed?
  • New skins (by Mr.Switch)
  • Signatures are limited to 500 characters (excludes BB tags but not HTML). Could this possibly be increased (or exclude HTML from the limit)? (by Kubel)
  • Also, there are some strip-slash problems (particularly with signatures) that causes broken HTML. (by Kubel)
  • HTML anchors are prefixed with the techist.com domain. (by Kubel)
  • im not really liking the quick reply button. its another click to post. (by office politics) - fixed
  • is there a session timeout? i keep having to re-login. edit: could be that i dont have remember me checked. (by office politics and others)
  • If you click on someones username on the left, a box pops up with some options, but none of them do anything. (by kfc469, voiced by others elsewhere)
  • This forum does not have a proper title (see title bar): http://www.techist.com/forums/f5/ (by TheMajor) - fixed
  • The archives aren't fully up and running yet. (by kfc469) - fixed
  • Larger avatars? (by FireFox) - fixed, groups by permissions
  • the Calendar is messed up, loads Dec 2006 (by kfc469)
  • Polls redirect to a different page (by TheMajor and others)
  • Advanced search only gives a couple of pages of results (byNewCent05)

Keep those suggestions, bug reports, errors, coming. You can add them to this thread or start a new thread.

Maybe Trotter will add whatever is mentioned here in his initial post so it's in a nice, neat place for me to check. Hint! Hint!

Thanks.

Dave

Not a big fan of the smilies, but that's not a huge issue

Also, most of the links in the 'Quick Links' drop-down menu at the top don't work for me. Same is true for the 'Advanced Search' option under the Search menu.

EDIT: I have the same problem with the 'Thread Tools' and 'Display Modes' menus at the top of threads

Well we might as well use something different as far as skins go since tech forums was upgraded!

I REALLY like the site havoc was using, but I think there are better skins.

I think Takeout would look great in blue:

ForumThemes.com - Powered by vBulletin

And Caprice would look ok if the colors were a bit deeper. I like how this one has a newest threads column. Another forum i visit has it, and it's amazing.

ForumThemes.com - Powered by vBulletin <<< I like this one the most.

Signatures are limited to 500 characters (excludes BB tags but not HTML). Could this possibly be increased (or exclude HTML from the limit)?

Also, there are some strip-slash problems (particularly with signatures) that causes broken HTML.

And HTML anchors are prefixed with the techist.com domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom