Post Moderation?

SuperSmurf

Solid State Member
I'm just wondering how many posts I need before I can freely post without every single friggin' post I try to submit needing to be approved by a Mod? I don't mean how many before I can use PM's, etc, I just wanted quick advice on a few things, and didn't want to wait 12 hours for posts to be approved! Seems 3 or so decent posts should be enough to prove I'm not gonna spam the site with annoying promos...

You should be good to go now. Yes, I know it is annoying for new members but we have this in place for a reason. Spammers will sign up and begin posting willy-nilly whether they show up or not; this allows us to catch them before they flood the joint.

I do apologize that it took a while to get your posts approved. Normally we get them done pretty quick but things are hectic this time of year, plus we have a lot of things going on here on the site.

Okay first off your on a forum. There is NO such thing as quick advice. Who is to say that in those 12 hours anyone would know the exact answer you were looking for?

Yes we know Post Moderation isnt the best thing, but it is what we do on this site and it is not like we hide that fact. We have it right in our Welcome Thread. Patience is a virtue.

Trotter: Thanks for the info. I understand you guys are just making sure the site doesn't fill up with spammers, and I was just wondering if there was a target number of posts that need to be approved before being able to post freely.

The number is purposefully left vague so spammers will not know how many they need to get in before they show up.

So the reason my post is in queue is for spam?

my last post went through freely so I'm not sure. (I didn't spam)

So the reason my post is in queue is for spam?

my last post went through freely so I'm not sure. (I didn't spam)

The plugin looks for specific things. Some initial posts go through just fine, but those flagged by the plugin don't. I just approved your thread BTW.

Back
Top Bottom