Necroing, and one worded posts....

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Noticed there has been some necroing going on lately? I thought threads got locked after so long?

Oh, btw, I remember the site once had a MINIMUM words per post filter, is that still there or did it die with the forum updates? o.0

Noticed there has been some necroing going on lately? I thought threads got locked after so long?
The plugin that did that doesn't work with the latest forum software.

Oh, btw, I remember the site once had a MINIMUM words per post filter, is that still there or did it die with the forum updates? o.0
Presumably the same.

Word

EDIT: Well then :tongue:

I have been noticing these one-worded posts.. Not so much the necro-posting though. :tongue:

It isnt a minimum word, it is a minimum character requirement. You cant post LOL or something like that. As stated, the topic close plugin doesnt work. Just like the Spam Filter plugin doesnt work. They have not been updated to work with vB4. Nothing we can do about that. So we have to find an alternative.

Actually, I think the Close Old Threads is working, but it is set for 90 days.

I noticed that when newer members get 40 posts (enough for OT and related) then they sometimes post in old threads. They probably don't realize that they are old because there aren't as many threads in OT as in some of the other areas and therefore they don't move down as fast.

Back
Top Bottom