McAfee Siteadvisor Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desion

Beta member
Hey i use mcafee siteadvisor for my web browsing and it says that these forums are rated Red, which means there is a security risk.

Ive used these forums for awhile, and was wondering why it says there is a bad rating for these forums now?

Link

This is being worked out between the Admin folk and McAfee. It's yellow on my end, but there is nothing here that will cause any issue, so browse away :)

We are aware of this it relates to one or more links in our hijack this logs section, Mak213 i believe is trying to get this rectified.

However the site advisor is a joke, as is the Hacker safe they scour the internet with bot's and only scan a site every few years unless requested and a person never checks up on them. The Hacker safe is a joke as it is automated an skips a lot and quite honestly only performs basic tests if some one wants access other than as a limited user given time an skill they will get access. Use your own judgement and don't for god's sake use mcafee, Norton or Panda as they are a total joke and not worth the money use AVG or Avast for your anti virus needs both are free for home use and catch far more than the other three that I have listed.

If you read teh Security Advisor for Tech-Forums, not only have i responded but so has 2 of our Admins. Trotter and Larry both requested that the site be re-scanned. McAfee has yet to do it.

The issue that they reported us yellow for was from a HiJack This log from over 4 years ago which can not even be accessed on the server as it stands now.

If it shows Red for you that shouldnt be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom