m.tech-forums?

The Mercedes forums I frequent uses tapatalk for their mobile theme and does indeed use VB and it works great. I think most fears about ease of use are unfounded. if it was true then why would so many websites use it? tp be frank the reason my activity on TF has dropped is because I have given up on laptops and use my Galaxy S exclusively for mobile work and TF just doesn't work well with it.

Isn't this what our test site is kind of for...?

Yes but that site doesnt have the same database and that database hasnt been worked on. So the results would not be what we would get on this site. We would have to redo the entire test site over again to get results which would closely mimic what we would see on this site.

Let me try to get this across plainly...

1) We would LOVE to have a mobile skin.

2) vB has made that possibility slim to none.

3) While other sites may use this or may use that, it would still be at best a coin toss if we were to try to implement the same. The database is in rough enough shape as-is and it cannot bear anything making any kind of major changes until it has been taken care of.

4) We will continue to revisit this whenever we can. Once the database is fixed we can transplant it to the test site and see what we can get to work. But not until then.

Back when we did the member survey a mobile skin was one of the things people said they wanted. That has not been forgotten, nor will it be swept aside... but until it can be done without the probability of screwing the site/database it ain't happening. Mak has championed this from day one and I know he won't let it rest, but he and I see what is going on behind the scenes and he knows that it can't be done right now.

^ 3 had pretty pathetic mobile support and that's even much better than 4.

I can create a mobile forum for us no problem. I would only use the database and no vB code. I have the coding skills and have already performed many vB modifications. But it would take a great amount of time that I don't have right now.

While this is currently in development, I thought I would share what the vB team has already shared. I have no clue as to when it will be finished/released, so this is basically vB's "upcoming feature" presentation.

Back
Top Bottom