Game/Event poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
How about a forum in the gaming section where you can list up your Tournaments and gaming events that you want to tell people about or invite too. I think it would be a good idea. Then when someone is bored one night they can go scan the event thread and possibly find a game to join :D.

This is already in there. It is under the Clan Recruitment or XFire aspect. People already see if you are part of a clan and can go to the site and see for themselves. Anything beyond that would be advertising. You already know the rule on that one.

Perhaps in the future we will have T-F events running at full tilt. Until then make do with posting in threads ;)

If it's a one time event where you're inviting other teams or whatever to join in then yes. But don't post a thread asking for new members for your clan or for people to start joining your site. That's what Mak means about advertising.

If the events are open to the public and your not looking for members then it should be posted on your clan site. Posting about it here would be advertising it. Which as you already know is against our rules. It is not a event that has anything to do with T-F or its membership, and is fully revolved around your clan. So while it is a event that you want people to join your clan in, you are still advertising for your clan. Cause you have to say who is hosting it.

That is what i meant by my post. You are asking if you can advertise. The answer is no. If it is a event setup with this site specifically, then it could be advertised. But since you are just looking to advertise for your clan for a event they are holding then no. It is no different than someone posting up about their personal blog in a response to a topic. It is advertising any way you look at it.

As of right now we have nothing in place about promoting any kind of gaming events and it is not something we are looking to do at this time. As there are way to many clans for every member and to allow posting of events would be chaos.

Just to clear this up in case there is any confusion. No it is not allowed. It is advertising. You would have to give the sponsor of the event in the post right? You clan would want it to be known that they are holding this event right? What would that be if posted?

"Clan XXXX is hosting a event and we would love to have you come play!"

That is advertising. Until it is discussed and figured out how to be regulated it is not allowed.

would it be hard to put in a calendar ? That has like random stuff posted up cause I like his idea of like having games on there, like maybe every wednesday his clan has like pub scrims, that could be on there, random stuff, I'm not really sure all of what would be up there or who would be in charge of updating it, but I think it might be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom