Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
The list on the first page of this thread? If so, yes. There were alot of people who have contributed to the TF folding team. Just check the stats. As for members currently folding and those that have stopped, i dunno.

yah i am not on the front list and i am folding its just that it takes alot longer to complete one WU thatn i thought i am 40% completed on a WU

The WUs vary in size. I had one the other day that took 48 hours to complete. Normally they take about 24.

I just looked at the one im doing right now, this ones also going to take about 2 days to complete. :confused: I dunno why im getting these ridculously large WUs....strange.

i had a 4 day one the other week, and I did ~3 days of it, when it decided it had an error, and started on a new WU. :(

it has done that twice now. i get ~80% of a WU done, and next time i load it, it just fetches a new one... :S

EDIT: @gaara after reading the the first post again, do i actually have to PM/contact you if i want to be on "the team" or do i just go ahead and fold, like i have been doing?

I ahve sent you a PM Gaara, and have started it running. Slightly annoying that there is a icon though.

24th December 06 is a long way away, I will leave it up when i am not playing a game though.

I have F@H on a dell for another forum

TRAITOR!!! :p

I have got another question, is this the same one that XS are doing?

Also, why does it change what it is doing? It said WU end 1day, then it said 2days and now it is on 4days and 4 hours. :(

Josh, the reason its ending i beleive, is because there is a time limit for each WU, your computer might be taking too much time and its cancelling it and automatically getting a new one.

F@H takes up alot of your cpu power, when you have other programs open using the cpu, the amount of power dedicated for F@H drops and takes longer to complete. I have mine running all day and i close the app when i play games, so it goes by relativly quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom