Darker colors

U.F.O.

In Runtime
I hate this theme, it's too bright. Maybe offer one on the million free black themes for this ancient board software.

:lol: I've been asking for years. The forum owners are gone. I think if this site ever actually goes belly up hardware / software wise it may not be recoverable.

:lol: I've been asking for years. The forum owners are gone. I think if this site ever actually goes belly up hardware / software wise it may not be recoverable.

Sad but true. I think Janet checks in every now and then and probably has notifications turned on for the mod/admin forums, but that's about the extent of it. The whole grand plan of merging this and CF just died out from old age and neglect.

th

Would it be hard to make a new board and send emails to the less than ten people who post and start over? Might have less threads to begin with but at least we'll be able to read them. Pretty much all board software is better than vbulletin. It was great circa 2005, but phpbb is better, small machine forums is better, even the javascript nightmare of xenforo is much easier to post and navigate and read. The only thing worse is lithium forums, pew pew pew.

Would it be hard to make a new board and send emails to the less than ten people who post and start over? Might have less threads to begin with but at least we'll be able to read them. Pretty much all board software is better than vbulletin. It was great circa 2005, but phpbb is better, small machine forums is better, even the javascript nightmare of xenforo is much easier to post and navigate and read. The only thing worse is lithium forums, pew pew pew.

My only concern is the "loss" of knowledge that this site has. Lots of post history that has a lot of good info.

Meh...... Export archive from myphp panel and host on the cloud, put link in sticky if anyone needs to refer to it. If you don't have php access or can't guess, I could write a script to scrape it.

We don't have direct access to the web server or I'd have done it looooong ago

Ok. No problem. Any estimate as to the size of just the text on the server? I would say given the number of posts I am allowed to see, about 3-5 GB

If I make a script and it seems to work, I could give it to someone who has access to more sub boards if you want those included in the backup. Basically if you have a login cookie, you can scrape the entire site as if you are that user signed in. So if the user is like me regular status they see the normal posts and child boards. To see the staff section the script would have to be run with a cookie that's allowed to see that stuff, and whoever has this cookie obviously has access to that user account.

Back
Top Bottom