Win2k3 Server & PHPBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiGiT128

Solid State Member
I want to put up a PHPBB2 forum on my college network.

Just so you know...This is the first time i've ever used Windows 2003 server, php, mysql, and phpbb2.

I'm having a lot of dificulties with setting this thing up. First, the PHP install was screwed up and didnt install it correctly. After 3 hours of messing around with it last night i got the PHP working.

I loaded up the PHPBB install.php and filled our the form.. then i realized i forgot about mysql. Today i downloaded it and the auto installer failed. i ended up researching mysql commands and i ended up installing it manually. I set up a database for PHPBB named phpbb, and a username and password for it. u=root p=XXXXXX, and u=root and p=XXXXXX. then i installed the ODBC driver and configured it with the phpbb database. i thought i finally got this thing up and running and ready for phpbb when the install failed again.

the information i used on the phpbb forrum install is the following:

Database type: MySQL 4.x
Method: Install
Database Configuration
Database server host name/DSN: localhost(default choice)
Database Name:phpbb
Database Username:root
Database password:XXXXX(the corrent password)
Prefix for the tables in database: phpbb_(default choice)

I dont know what the last line is or if it take any configurations in mysql to set up or not. This is my first time using all of these programs.

Admin Configuration:
E-mail address: migit128@optonline.net
Domain name:migit2(thats the computer name and the default choice)
Server Port: 80(default)
Script path: /forum/ (default)
Admin username:Migit
password:XXXXX
confirm pass..XXXXXX

im clueless now.. i thought i got everything up and running finally but i just cant seem to get this thing to work...

The error i get is the following(this is after i click the "start install" button):

An error has occurred durring the installation
The PHP configuration on your server doesnt support the database type that you chose.

i wouldnt think that the standard and msot up to date versions of mysql and php arent compatable...

i really need help on this. i might have configured PHP wrong or something :-\

~Migit

If it's Win2K3, you should have MSSQL (not MySQL), shouldn't you? You need to make sure your database app is running, whichever you are using, and make sure they are not competing with eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom