Hosting recommendation?

My hostmonster costs are about to go up so I'm looking for an alternative right now. Having said that, I have no complaints about them.

Only thing I hate about them is the fact that they do not let you access the SQL database remotely, has to be accessed from with in the network, which is rather... Ignorant.

That's pretty reasonable from a security perspective if nothing else. Databases can normally be accessed just fine through an SSH tunnel so you could ask them whether that is an option.

Hi there

Recently I`ve also created my own website and the first and the main problem was content delivery, so u have pay attention 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried out Namecheap for a while, don't recommend it. I have a resellers account with inmotion hosting now support is beyond superb, the best I have ever seen in fact. I am really really picky about my hosting and they have stood up to the task really really well as opposed to others...

Sing reviiiiival

For what it's worth, I've mostly been using VentraIP for hosting and they've been fantastic so far

:MeGusta:

I've been using Downtown hosting for 3 years now. I was with Ninjalion before that. Ninjalion owners just disappeared one day and were never heard from again. I had a problem spring up and couldn't get ahold of any one. I did a little research and found they were resellers off of Downtown. I contacted Downtown and ask what was going on. They told me the reseller was MIA. I asked if DT could take over my account. After a little ethical bantering back and forth they took over my account.

Best thing that's happen as far as that goes is the incredible service I get. Ethan and Jorge are on the ball and don't hesitate to answer the silliest questions I ask. They moved me off the crowded and rambunctious server box NL had me on and I haven't had one problem that wasn't self induced since.
20gig of storage space and 500gigs of bandwidth for 86.00usd every 6 months. Not a bad deal.
DownTownHost.Com - Web Hosting Services

Now was that a shameless plug or what?

It's like the thread was CPR'd a few times before it finally just took right off like a zombie runner. Rule #11: Keep hope alive. :D

Back
Top Bottom