Having issues with service company

James805

Beta member
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum. It looks like there is a lot of knowledge to be found here.

So I have a website for a small bookkeeping business:

James Buchanan Potter | Bookkeeping Services

But I'm having issues with what seems to be my internet service provider, Charter, "blocking" the website for anyone using Charter. This is baffling as not even pirate bay is blocked, yet my website is blocked. See the images attached.

I've attached an image that shows my browser trying to load the website. The page that comes up is Charter's search engine.. However if you search up my website on google you will find it.

I've then run a trace route to the location and attached an image of what pops up.

I am not sure if this is charter blocking my website. I do not understand the technical details of what I see. What I do know is that if I am on my cell phone with Verizon's LTE network, I can see it. And my neighbors who also use Charter cannot see it.

The weird thing is, after the last 3 times that I called Charter, the website worked as soon as we got off the phone when the representatives apparently couldn't see it at all. The website is still blocked for basically all of Charter's customers.

How do I get around this? Or even better, how can I prove and explain that Charter is blocking my website from their customers? I read somewhere that they block people's websites when they think they are using a residential account for commercial use. However I don't own a server, and all of my business is cloud based.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• trace.jpg
    trace.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 6
  • block.jpg
    block.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 5
This may help:

How to Tell if My ISP Is Blocking a Website From Me | Science - Opposing Views

Note that Google's Nero project appears to have been abandoned. I had another tool for this at one point, but it's on my home PC and I don't have access at the moment.

EDIT: I just tried to visit your site from where I am and received a DNS error. Our ISP here is ATT, so I'm going to so with there's something wrong with the way your site is setup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom