Comcast is at it again...

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
HARDOCP - Comcast Dramatically Expanding Internet Usage Caps

Comcast continues to ignore customer backlash, and continues to dramatically expand the company's broadband usage caps and overage fees. A close look at Comcast's usage cap "trial" FAQ indicates that the company plans to quietly expand caps into Little Rock, Arkansas; Houma, LaPlace and Shreveport, Louisiana; Chattanooga, Greenville, Johnson City/Gray, Tennessee; and Galax, Virginia starting December 1. In all of these markets users now face a 300 GB monthly usage cap, with $10 per 50 GB overage fees.

Link to the leaked docs:
https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/3rnfnm/leak_of_comcast_documents_detailing_the_coming/

Figures I live in Houma. It would be insane for them to have a cap that hotels would run over in a matter of days. I would think this is to discourage torrenting by residential users.

I think if they try to implement this cap on business class users like hotels, there will be a scramble to find other ISP's for users like us.

EDIT: After downloading and reading the leaked documents, I read that business class and apartments on a bulk class contract are excluded. Looks like to me they are after the residential users. Seems to me like they are shooting themselves in the foot with a bazooka. I though with their fiber optics program there would be plenty of bandwidth to go around. Greedy pricks...

Last edited:
Figures I live in Houma. It would be insane for them to have a cap that hotels would run over in a matter of days. I would think this is to discourage torrenting by residential users.

No, it's to promote their own services, such as TV bundles to discourage use of streaming services such as Netflix and Prime Video. I wonder if they're breaking any Net Neutrality laws... I'd go over that at least 3 times over. My monthly usage is around 1TB a month, and that's pretty much all from streaming and steam downloads.

Sent from my HTC One

Edit:

hk5BCI0.png

Last edited:
Honestly not sure lol. Dunno why it's so low; it's either a glitch, or we mostly watched stuff off of my Plex server that month rather than Netflix :p.

Ha, that's a serious deviation in June alright.

/sigh... why the hell are we allowing the companies to do stuff like this?

I'm glad I don't have a cap. Might move to Austin for Google Fiber :tongue:

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom