Macbook Pro Manic mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooosaaa

Beta member
I am bipolar (Bipolar I Disorder Symptoms, Treatments, Causes, and More) and when I had my first manic episode in order to get to the airport (all my cards were declined) I decided to use as collateral my macbook pro for the cab/limo company. Although the driver was taken aback he called his boss and he agreed to the exchange telling me that when I got back I could pick up the computer and I could pay them the cost of the trip. He had an official company reciept which I signed and got a copy of. He proceed to drop the laptop at a private house (I'm assuming the business was run out of there) and dropped me off at the airport. I did not however take down his number because I didn't have my cellphone and the number was on the recite.

I'll skip over the rest of my manic episode (which would be a very long post and is not for this forum ) and get to the point. I ended up taking a different cab back getting arrested at the hotel and was involuntarily admitted to the hospital for 2 weeks. During all of this craziness I lost the recite.

When I was stabilized and cursing at myself for how stupid I had acted, I desperately wanted to get the laptop which I had worked very hard for back (I am 22 and in college). The hotel told me that since I had dialed 411 and they connected me to the limo/town car service there was no way to trace the call. This was particularly frustrating to me because the company called my room 4 times and they told me that they do not keep records of incoming calls either.

Anyways here are the facts I know and the ideas I have come up with to get it back.
FACTS
-was a black town car that picked me up
-was a private company run out of someones house
-I signed a recite
-I was staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Medford NY
-happened 3 months ago
-I reported the computer stolen at Apple store so if anyone comes in with it they will call me
-computer is password protected

IDEAS
-calling all local cab services around the Medford area & asking if they use black towncar's
-driving to all which said yes and speaking to manager about the date it occurred and the circumstances
-calling up 411 and seeing if they have any record from that night (this seems very fare fetched to me)

QUESTIONS
-Do most limo/town car services keep records?
-Would the police be able to help?

I know this is a shot in the dark and unless the company is very honest it will be hard for me to get my computer back but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would really appreciate the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom