MAC vs PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidrobot

Baseband Member
Does anyone know if there is a Mac VS pc debate anywhere on this forum? I am new to this forum and I couldn't find one. Please link me if there is. Thanks!!

They tend to be stopped before they start because they degrade into flame wars. For the most part people just know not to do it. Whatever flavor you subscribe to you tend to stay in that side of the forum.

If you're really into video, photo, or music editing, I heard Macs are more user friendly in that area. Other than that, PC is the way to go...and PCs do a very good job at editing as well. It's more of a personal preference I guess.

If you're really into video, photo, or music editing, I heard Macs are more user friendly in that area. Other than that, PC is the way to go...and PCs do a very good job at editing as well. It's more of a personal preference I guess.

Yes! I'd like to add that video and photo editing is just as good on a pc. Can't comment on music editing.

For me, nowadays, pc wins hands down. When you consider the price of a mac and compare to pc(which does everything a mac can do), pc wins!

Go for the PC, a mac has little in the way of 3rd party software available for it.

Sure the mac is less suseptable to viruses but so is linux. OK they look nice but that is about it IMO but i would not get one.

OK a PC running windows is prone to be infected by a virus but you can get yourself a AV an firewall to deal with the malware. Also if you like to game this is where a PC shines.

I have tried to be as unbiased as i can be so i hope this helps, but I would seriously go with a PC.

cant windows be used on a mac?
I also herd that mac is coming out with a new os in october.
I do not know how much better it is, but some of my cousins are graphic designers and they love the mac, and one of my cousin is waiting for the new os to come out.

Yeah- Spend 3 or 4 times what the hardware is worth to put windows on it. ;)

Hardware wise, Mac = PC, they use the same hardware other than the cpu, which are about even in power now.

Video cards made by nvidia, cpus by intel, ect...the parts are the same, all you pay for is the OS...

The OS is just FreeBSD made so an idiot can use it...

Ubuntu kicks OSXs ***...as OSX stole a load of ideas for Linux/BSD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom