windows xp and 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast4u

Daemon Poster
i have a computer with xp, and 2 with 98se... i set up networks on all of them and i can access the 2 98's with the xp but when i try to get into the xp with the 98's it askes for a password and i dont have one.... so i hit enter and it says the password is incorrect.. how do i make it so that the 98's can access the xp?

when i go to the network area, it says that it's not accessible.. but when i do the run command, it asks for the password btw

EDIT: how do i get rid of the admin password or change it? cause this is a dell that came with xp on it and i dont know the password.

Go to control panel/administrator tools/computer management. Expand Local Users and Groups then select Users. Make sure the Guest account is enable and does not have a red x on it.

usually dell ships with the admin password being blank. I think I remember reading somewhere that if you have a blank admin password you can connect over a network using that account. You would need to setup a password for the admin account on the XP machine. Like I said I THINK I remember this. Try it out and let us know.

ok how do i make a password? i booted in safemode and the only user is the user we made.. there is no administrator name...

Ok with that user logged in try

Start>>Settings>>Control Panel>>User Accounts

Click the user your logged in with and there will be a link that says create a password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom