WIFI Adapters

spacecadet11

In Runtime
Hello. Is there a program I can download that will definitively tell me the 'health' of my adapter? If I can determine it's health..I can know that it's the Wifi 'locations' that are problematic for me. (I have issues all the time with connecting to the internet using Wifi)

Windows diagnostics does not cut it for me.

Note: When it comes to my 'programming' desires with C++ it seems that to download a 'CodeBlocks' program is the right way to go.

Sorry, I'm not quite sure how this will help OP with their problem?

I assumed by 'health' he wanted to see the actual signal level (if not, he needs to post back and clarify, because he mentioned finding problematic locations). The RSSI is the signal in dBm. Will give a more accurate / realistic reading than just looking at the wifi bars.

Ah, I was interpreting health as in the condition of the adaptor i.e. whether it's on its way out or not, and that OP suspects the "health" of his adaptor is poor and is resulting in difficulties connecting to some WAPs.

I read that the same way as Yami. It sounds like he's talking about the adapter itself and not the strength of the signal.

Back
Top Bottom