Updated Bios Now Can't Cannect!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaundale

Baseband Member
Hi,
Had problems with my Graphics card and was told to update mobo Bios, I looked at the mobo website and found i had V1.50 and should have had V2.00 as they had a fix for the ATI 2XXX cards in this Version. Downloaded, ran the programe everything seemed fine untill I tried a conect to Internet and found I couldn't. XP comes up with Winsock error so downloaded a Winsock fix and as the fix is performed you can see the two screens in taskbar very quickly but then they go and all is lost.

My fathers PC (The one I'm using now) is fine and the router shows that my PC is connected I just don't understand why I can't get connected to the internet after upgrading BIOS???

Regards,
Shaun.

Definately troublesome. Upon setting this stuff up, did you happen to have skipped any files you might have not known where the disk was?

If so, I can likely help you.

I had the problem a while ago on the wife's computer when I updated her bios. I had to reinstall the mobo drivers to get everything back up and running correctly.

Have you gone into the BIOS settings to make sure that the onboard NIC is ENABLED, and not DISABLED? I have seen BIOS update's do this with various components, including onboard NIC's and USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom