Torrent Help !!! Can Download at home, Cant Download at Girlfriends House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penners

Beta member
Can anyone help me please, I have been downloading torrents for years now and have no problems at all with them, albeit being a little slow. However i took my laptop around to my girlfriends house the other day and tried to carry on my download but it would not download. I tried downloading just a normal file and that worked fine and the internet connection itself was very good however the torrent would not download :\ the ISP she is with is talk talk dont know if this would make a difference as im with Orange.

Any Help would be muchly Apprieciated :big_smile:

Make sure you know and understand our stance on Torrent Discussions before proceeding.

Torrent Discussions

Make sure you dont give any information at all about the torrents in question or this topic will be closed as fast as it was opened. With that said, it could easily be many things. For 1 Talk Talk could have those ports blocked. It could be that you have to port forward those ports in use. As her setup might have them blocked.

Yup Cheers read and fully understand. O.k so is there anyway that i can un block these ports or forward these ports, sorry bit of a noob. is it just assigning a different listening port ?

You can try a site like Port Forward. They have instructions for just about every router and firewall. But if the ISP has these ports blocked, there is nothing you can do.

well when you install a torrent utility and set everything by default and have a router with unaltered settings, there should be no problems, of course if you allowed the program to be accepted into windows firewall. the only problem i see here, is either its not added in the firewall exception list, or someone altered settings on the router. i suggest.. reset the router, reinstall the application and see if that helps. if not then its either your isp or you need to forward the port

well when you install a torrent utility and set everything by default and have a router with unaltered settings, there should be no problems, of course if you allowed the program to be accepted into windows firewall. the only problem i see here, is either its not added in the firewall exception list, or someone altered settings on the router. i suggest.. reset the router, reinstall the application and see if that helps. if not then its either your isp or you need to forward the port

Sorry but this wont do nothing. Your forgetting that this is not his network. It works at home. The programs work. So what good would reinstalling the program do? It is already working when he is at home. It is when he has his laptop join his gf's network that this issue comes up where it wont download. So his settings, at home, are fine. It is something specific to his gf's place.

If he resets the settings on the program while at his gf's place, then when he gets home he wont be able to download. Cause the settings will not match his home network but will match his gf's network and he will have to repeat the process everytime he switches networks. That is extra work and tedious. It would be far easier to just do as i suggested above and forward the ports. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom