Thinking about using a proxy

DBrown51

Baseband Member
Hey,

I am considering using a proxy server for browsing. I was just wondering if any you guys do? if so what do you use? is it safe? what is the best way to go about it?

VPN would be better than a proxy since VPN traffic is encrypted. Only good ones are paid-for and subscription based, however.

I wouldn't trust running through a freebie proxy or VPN - that's just begging for a Man-In-The-Middle attack, IMO.

I use AirVPN, which is like six bucks a month, and sometimes TOR. I use them as network and web dev tools, so I don't mind saying what I use, but most dudes won't tell you which VPN they use. If you need to be able to send all traffic over encryption or manually route packets through certain regions, like to test DNS resolution from another location use a VPN. If you just want a little more security from *insert tin foil* of want to make purchases with a little more safety, just use TOR. TOR has more stable speeds in my experience. If you need security, use both, safe habits, and a secure OS.

Back
Top Bottom