stuck on 'acquiring network address'

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
hello, i have an old laptop that was built for win xp and it was running win 8.1! Because it was so slow, i downgraded it to win xp mini. I reinstalled the wlan driver (i know its the right driver) but when i was connecting to my wpa modem it was permanently stuck on 'acquiring network address'!!! I checked all over the net and all of those cmd commands didn't work.:eek:

Any help??????

note: the laptop is a dell latitude d410

"All of those cmd commands"

What commands are you referring to? Where did you get the WLAN driver from? Dell's site or Intel's site? You should get the latest drivers from Intel's site.

You might also try to better isolate the problem by giving it a static address that you know should work and see if internet capability is possible.

I tried a static ip, no success, i know i have the right key and what i mean by 'all those commands', i mean all of those 'ipconfig' commands.

Just because the key is right doesn't mean that the handshake was performed correctly on a hardware level. Try looking at the manage wireless networks menu and delete any networks that may be there and try again. If that doesn't work create the connection manually.

Back
Top Bottom